Barry Janay, Esq.
Part capital-creating strategists, part powerhouse protectors. Entirely devoted to kicking your business into high gear.
Barry Janay, Esq. represents emerging businesses in matters relating to commercial litigation, intellectual property infringement matters and other intellectual property litigation (including misappropriation of confidential and trade secret information), employment and labor law, collections, defamation, privacy and media law litigation matters. Barry serves as counsel for clients in industries ranging from publishing, software, retailers, and consumer products to online businesses.
Barry Janay has more than 15 years of experience representing emerging businesses in matters relating to commercial litigation, intellectual property infringement matters, misappropriation of confidential and trade secret information, employment and labor law, real estate litigation, collections, defamation, privacy and other media law litigation.
Barry serves as primary outside counsel for clients in industries ranging from publishing, software, retailers, and consumer products to online businesses. He represents employers and employees on a broad range of matters, including work related and contractual rights, as well as copyright, trademark infringement matters, as well as misrepresentation issues.
- Breach-of-contract claims
- Business torts
- Construction Law
- Defamation (libel and slander)
- Employment matters
- Insurance coverage
- Intellectual Property (Copyrights, Domains, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Unfair Competition)
- Judgment Enforcement / Collections Matters (Consumer and Commercial)
- Mechanic’s liens
- Partnership disputes
- Permanent injunctions
- Preliminary injunctions
- Real estate
- Sale of goods / Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) matters
- Stock-holder disputes
- Temporary restraining orders
Sample Client Engagements
- Representing employers against disloyal employees including employees who have misappropriated valuable trade secret data and/or works.
- Defending commercial and foreign businesses against claims of commercial torts and secured debt obligations through confessions of judgment and personal guarantees.
- Representing and advising executive employees in contract negotiations concerning their prospective employment as well as termination benefit packages.
- Representing and advising companies in hiring and termination of executives.
- Representing prominent automobile dealership in connection with service department issues and human resources matters.
- Winning dismissal of spurious claims filed against companies by disgruntled ex-employees and contractors.