Max Lindenfeld, Esq
Max provides corporate and securities transactional counsel and representation to emerging growth companies, guiding his clients through all stages of growth and helping them to prepare for, meet, and respond to challenges and opportunities. As any entrepreneur knows, the road to success can be both thrilling and arduous, and a key aspect of Max’s practice is his unwavering commitment to helping his client navigate both the challenges and the victories of growth through a close working relationship and frequent communication.
Max has extensive experience providing counsel to a range of emerging growth companies across industries and at various stages, from those just starting out to established market players.
Most recently Max’s practice has had a significant focus on providing counsel and representation in initial coin offerings (ICOs) for cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology. In that role, has has guided clients on technological elements of the ICO, including implementation of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and determination of currency to accept for offering (i.e. Bitcoin v. Ether). He has also drafted white papers for ICOs, providing necessary disclaimers and risk statements in compliance with SEC standards.
Specific aspects of Max’s practice include:
- LLCs and corporation formation
- Tax planning for start-up companies
- Private and public offerings of equity and debt securities, including all aspects of IPOs
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Stock exchange listings
- Complex contract negotiation
- LLC operating agreements
- Partnership agreements and founders agreements
- Joint venture agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- NDAs and confidentiality agreements
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Terms of Service and Privacy Policies
- Cryptocurrency Funds and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- General corporate governance
- SEC compliance reporting
- Counsel of private and registered investment funds and registered investment advisers
- Blue Sky Regulations
- PIPE, Regulation A+ and Regulation Crowdfunding and Regulation D offerings
- Drafting company 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K filings
Background & Education
Max received his J.D. from St. John’s University School of law. He is admitted to the Bar in New York and New Jersey.