Andrew Herz, esq.
Part capital-creating strategist, part powerhouse protector. Entirely devoted to kicking your business into high gear.
Andrew Herz has been advising start-ups on formation, financing, stock options, licensing, employment and strategic partnership issues for more than 15 years. Over the years, Andrew has advised all sides of the business spectrum on complex commercial transactions – from Fortune 100s to lean and agile start-ups. He’s a tough negotiator when representing each client, from percentage equity that investors
Andrew’s main areas of practice are intellectual property, start-ups, complex commercial transactions and entertainment law. He has worked with visionary founders and established companies on strategic business formation, founders agreements, employee stock options, financing, partner disputes, and joint ventures. His intellectual property practice encompasses everything from copyright and trademarks, to data security and strategic licensing to data and software protection.
Areas of Practice
- Start-up financing documents
- Corporate transactions
- Trademark and copyright registration
- Development, production and distribution of film, music, stage and publishing content
- Content, data and software licensing
- Complex contract negotiation
- LLC operating agreements
- Partnership agreements and founders agreements
- Joint venture agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- NDAs and confidentiality agreements
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Terms of Service and Privacy Policies
Andrew quickly appreciates the interpersonal, financial, and timing issues unique to each project. His goal is always to tailor cost-effective legal services and strategic advice to the client’s vision.
Background & Education
Andrew received his J.D. from Cornell Law School. He is admitted to the Bar in New York. Andrew formerly worked at the large law firms Cahill, Gordon & Reindel LLP and Davis & Gilbert LLP.