Domenick Leonardi, Esq.
Part capital-creating strategist, part powerhouse protector. Entirely devoted to kicking your business into high gear.
Domenick P. Leonardi, Esq. has 26 years of combined experience as a corporate attorney and business owner. He has extensive experience in advising clients in both business transactions as well as business and partner disputes. Domenick owned a successful high-end retail business before he became an attorney. This allows him to understand the needs of business clients and proactively protect against risks and create strategies for business success.
Domenick focuses on commercial business negotiations and contracts, litigation, arbitration, and mediation. He also helps clients in the restaurant and bar industry obtain the necessary wine and liquor licenses. When it comes to business disputes, Domenick likes to educate his clients on avoiding litigation where possible with alternate dispute resolution and dispute settlement techniques. He is known for his strategic advice and years of experience to help clients win.
Areas of Practice
- Asset purchases, mergers and acquisitions
- Business partner disputes
- Breach of contact
- Payment demands
- Employment matters and drafting employee handbooks
- Liquor licenses, and other licenses and permits in the beverage industry
- Defending a public corporation against Director and Office claims and ERISA relating to the sale of bulk assets and alleged violations of stock option agreements. Successfully defended appeal, and won a favorable decision for his client on motion to dismiss fraud and breach of contract claims against corporate officer and foreign investor.
- Defended a corporation and principal in federal litigation involving trademark infringement and unfair competition.
- Represent corporate officer, director and shareholder in shareholder derivative action for wrongful diversion and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represent broker in multi-million dollar NASD/FINRA arbitration matter against major brokerage firm.
Background & Education
Domenick is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He was previously a senior associate at Lee A. Schwartz & Associates PLLC. Domenick obtained his B.B.A. in business management from Hofstra University, and his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law, where he was a member of the Moot Court Executive Board.