You want business litigation attorneys that produce efficient solutions to
complex legal problems.
When you have Gouchev Law on your side, you get problem solvers with a track record of helping you reach ideal outcomes fast. We take both a fierce and holistic approach to dispute resolution. Our business litigation attorneys represent clients in any kind of commercial dispute your business might encounter. In fact, we are known for bringing disputes to a close cost-effectively and quickly.
Our litigation team has decades of complex litigation experience. We regularly handle matters involving breach of contract, fraud, payment demands, partner and shareholder disputes, fiduciary duties, intellectual property infringement, defamation, employment litifation, and other matters integral to business operations. We also have substantial experience in asset recovery and judgment enforcement.
Our trial experience, ferocious negotiation, and laser-sharp persuasion skills give clients the necessary perspective to map out a strategy even before litigation is filed. This is how we obtain successful results if the litigation gets to the courtroom. We litigate in various courts globally and before the US International Trade Commission (ITC). We are skilled in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation or arbitration. We offer our clients winning litigation strategies using lean and experienced teams.
How we helped Kunal
“Gouchev Law’s attorneys are not only extremely knowledgeable and generous with their time, they are also a totally different kind of lawyers. They come up with creative, flexible solutions. Unlike so many others I’ve worked with, Gouchev Law’s team sees different ways of doing things and that goes a long way for our business.”
Modern Legal Counsel
Gouchev Law’s business litigation attorneys represent companies and individuals in any kind of commercial dispute. We help our clients implement measures to ensure that they do not become embroiled in disputes. If a litigation arises, we ensure that you are equipped with the resources, experience, and knowledge to reach a successful resolution.
We are skilled in:
- Defending against and asserting claims for breach of contract or other failure to provide goods or services
- Protecting against the theft, misuse, and any infringement of intellectual property
- Defending against and asserting business torts, including interference with contractual relations
- Business partner disputes or shareholder disputes
- Recovering damages or obtaining specific performance in business disputes
- Defending against employee claims of wrongful termination, unlawful discrimination, or sexual or other forms of harassment
- Enforcing rights of shareholders, members of an LLC, or partners
- Defending against and asserting claims of unfair competition
- Collections of unpaid debts
- Negotiating settlements in business litigation
- Defamation and disparagement lawsuits
- Employment litigation
Our Clients are The Core of Our Approach
Our clients include celebrities, Fortune 500 businesses, mid-sized companies, technology superstars, and small business success stories. We are nimble across a broad range of business sectors, including technology, consulting services, professional services in the fields of marketing, IT, business operations, media, ecommerce, retail, fintech, and financial sectors.
To increase your chance of winning, you want a business litigation attorney who invests personally in the work they do for you. That’s Gouchev Law’s philosophy. We build long-term relationships with our clients throughout the life cycle of their businesses. That’s why we provide client’s a team of attorneys and project manager that provides you with budget certainty, transparency, and clear communication.
Experience on both sides of the courtroom
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants, which means you have a business litigation lawyer with insight into what lies ahead. At the core of our legal strategy is a track record for analyzing complex legal and business challenges and foreseeing their results for our clients
- Breach of Contract: Gouchev Law sued PayPay in Federal Court for breach of contract for violating the 2018 federal Farm Bill, which nationally legalized hemp. See Friends NYC et al v. PayPal Holdings, Inc.
- Shareholder Dispute: Gouchev Law represented plaintiff in a forced buyout of a partner who breached fiduciary duties to the corporation.
- Payment Demand to Service Provider: Represented plaintiff, a marketing agency, against a global media company. Obtained a $2 million settlement for our client in damages, outstanding invoice and attorney’s fees.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: Represented plaintiff, a service company, in a trade dress and copyright infringement for copying business model and brand impression by a competitor. Gouchev Law successfully shut down the competitor’s business and obtained $1.2 million in damages, including reputation damages for brand confusion.
- Freeze-Out Merger: Represented prominent NYC business in a freeze-out merger to squeeze a non-cooperative, problematic partner out of the business.
- Patent Infringement: Represented defendant, a jewelry company, that was sued by very large scale competitor for infringing on a jewelry design. Settled for a fraction of the requested damages and kept case out of court.
- Represented plaintiff celebrity in a defamation action, obtained injunctive relief and $900,000 in reputation damages.
- Represented defendant in breach of lease agreement, successfully won the release of tenant from a 20 year restaurant lease and no payment to plaintiff landlord.
No Strangers to High Stakes
In business litigations, our clients’ future often hinges on a case’s result. That’s why we craft a joint litigation and business strategy designed around your company’s best interests and ideal outcome. Our business litigation lawyers are known to efficiently resolve cases with the bottom line in mind. When you have Gouchev Law be your side, you get the winning plaintiff and defense strategies that get the job done.
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures and other partnering transactions
- Equity Compensations Review & Negotiation
- Debt/loan transactions
- Sale of Business
- Restructurings and recapitalizations
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Dissolution of Business
- Cryptocurrency Funds and Initial Coin Offerings